Got a Yahoo account? Here is what you need to know today to make it secure
So you will know that Yahoo! announced that it had identified data security issues concerning a billion Yahoo user accounts.
While it had taken action to secure the accounts it has also engaged law enforcement agencies.
That said, the question is… what do you do with your account:
- Change your passwords and security questions and answers for any other accounts on which you used the same or similar information used for your Yahoo account;
- Review all of your accounts for suspicious activity;
- Be cautious of any unsolicited communications that ask for your personal information or refer you to a web page asking for personal information;
- Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails; and
- Consider using Yahoo Account Key, a simple authentication tool that eliminates the need to use a password on Yahoo altogether.
For more information about these security matters and their security resources, please visit the Yahoo Security Issue FAQs page, https://yahoo.com/security-update.