All Set For Startup Weekend Harare
This weekend sees an event for the tech Startup entrepreneur hit Harare. It’s called Startup Weekend Harare.
The event takes place between 16 and 18 May at the new hub Hypercube Harare in Belgravia.
This is an exciting initiative, a global platform for anyone interested in starting their own business. The brand has taken place all over the world in over 100 countries (e.g. Startup Weekend Nairobi, Startup Weekend Cape Town) and is coming to Zimbabwe for the very first time.
The winner gets $30,000.
To find out more about how it works click here.
Mentors for the weekend are:
- Nigel Mugamu – 263Chat (Zim)
- Walter Wanyanya – Tech Tools (Zim)
- Shikoh Gitau – Mercy Corps (Kenya)
- Fahad Hassan – Always Prepped (USA)
- Winston Taylor – Gikko (Zim)
- Zaynab Leeya – Thoughtworks (SA)
- Asa Jogi – The Jogi Group (Zim)
- Tommy Deuschle – Emerging Ideas (Zim)
- Munya Chiura – Hypercube Hub (Zim)
- Limbikani Kwabeza – Tech Zim (Zim)
- Muvirimi Kupara – Anchor Holdings (Zim)
- Kumbirayi Katsande – MD of Nestle Zimbabwe
- Divine Ndhlukula – Founder & CEO of Securico
- Pfungwa Serima – MD of SAP Africa
- Michele Scanlon – CEO of Umax
- Enyo Kumahor – Regional MD Thoughtworks
Startup Weekend is organized by Hypercube and Mercy Corps with sponsorship from local and global tech companies.
Tickets are $60 ($30 for students) and can be purchase at Hypercube Hub, through Ecocash Merchant Code 58429 or online using Visa.
If you are unable to make it, you can follow all developments via the hashtag #NoLimitsZW on Twitter.