Police: Boston Marathon Bombs Kill 2, Dozens Injured
Two people have died in bombings near the finishing line of the Boston Marathon.
At this stage a further 132 have been injured according to reports on social media.
What we know:
- The two blasts near the finish line – along Boylston Street near Copley Square – “happened 50 to 100 yards apart.” – CNN
- Police don’t immediately know whether that explosion is related to the two near the Boston Marathon finish line. – CNN
- Third explosion was suspected at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, said to be fire related. – CNN
- Fox News says a person of interest is in custody. – TMZ
- At some point cellphone service was used to make sure detonations didn’t take place. A no-fly Zone was established at the scene. White House security stepped up.
- 23,326 runners started Boston Marathon, 17,584 finished before it was cancelled at 2:57p.m. – @lindsaycrouse
We will give you updates as and when they happen this is a developing story.
Our thoughts are with the innocents affected.