Zimbabwe leave for historic SA boxing day test
The Zimbabwe national cricket team has departed for its historic four day test against South Africa set for boxing day in Port Elizabeth.
They were led by coach Heath Streak and captain Graeme Cremer as they departed from Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport on Saturday morning.
Zimbabwe will first play a three-day, day-night, pink-ball practice match in Paarl from 20 to 22 December before departing for Port Elizabeth to play South Africa in the first every four day test in history.
The squad announced is without Sean Williams and Malcolm Waller with the uncapped pair of Blessing Muzarabani and Ryan Burl called up.
Meanwhile the International Cricket Council has outlined the conditions for the day-night four day test.
- It will be 98 overs a day
- South Africa have discretion over when to start the match (match is expected to start at 1.30pm and final session at 7.45pm)
- Day of play will be extended by 30 minutes
- First two sessions will be 2 hours and 15 minutes each
- Tea will be 20 minutes an supper 40 minutes
Zimbabweans back home can follow the action on SuperSport.