EU Suspends Sanctions On 81
81 people have been taken off the EU sanctions list against Zimbabwe while all but 2 entities remain under restrictive measures.
This is pretty consistent with how we reported last week.
Those who remain on the list are:
- President Robert Mugabe,
- Amai Grace Mugabe,
- Happyton Bonyongwe, DG of CIO
- Augustine Chihuri, Commissioner-General of the Police
- Constantine Chiwenga, Commander of Defence Forces
- Didymus Mutasa, Minister of State for Presidential Affairs,
- Douglas Nyikayaramba, Brigadier General
- Perence Shiri, Air Marshal
- Philip Sibanda, Commander, National Army
- Jabulani Sibanda, Chairman of Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association
The Zimbabwe Mining Development Company which mines our diamonds remains on the list along with the Zimbabwe Defence Industries.
The easing of these measures come after the EU approved of the referendum that was carried out on 16 March,
When these will removed is still unclear.