Zimbabwe announces massive cabinet reshuffle
A new finance minister, a new foreign affairs minister lots of reassignments and new appointments, Zimbabwe’s president Robert Mugabe has announced.
Ignatius Chombo is now the new Minister of Finance with Patrick Chinamasa moved to a new ministry of Cyber Security, Threat Detection and Mitigation. Walter Mzembi moves over to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs while Edgar Mbwembwe takes over the Ministry of Tourism, Environment and Hospitality Industry.
Retired Major General Happyton Bonyongwe takes over the Ministry of Justice Legal and Parliamentary Affairs. Saviour Kasukuwere is the new Local Government, Rural Development and National Housing minister, with Simon Khaya Moyo taking over the Media, Information and Broadcasting Services. Chris Mushowe moves to the Minister of State Responsible for National Scholarships.
Other appointments and reassignments:
- Ober Mpofu – Home Affairs
- Makhosini Hlongwane – Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture
- Patrick Zhuwao – Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
- Simbarashe Mumbengegwi – Macro-economic Planning and Investment Promotion
- Cain Mathema – Welfare Services for War Veterans, War Collaborators, Former Political Detainees and Restrictees
- Chiratidzo Mabuwa – Youth Development, Indigenisation and Economic Employment
- Amb Maboyi Ncube – State, Matabeleland South
- Thokozile Mathuthu – State, Mat North
- Webster Shamu – State Mash West
- Paul Chimedza – State, Masvingo
All appointments are with immediate effect.