Zambia Turns To God To Fix Economy, Currency As National Day Of Prayer Is Declared

Zambia will hold a national day of prayer for its struggling economy and currency.

Church front entrance
Seyemon / Foter / CC BY-ND

On Sunday all bars will close and all football matches have been cancelled as the public joins in prayer and fasting on behalf of the country.

President Edgar Lungu made the announcement after the Kwacha fell 45% against the greenback which has been attributed to the drop in copper prices.

85% of the country is said to be Christian. We guess it sucks to be the other 15% especially the ones who do not believe in ‘God’.

With information from News24