Are You Guilty of Cyber Bullying?
We all have been subject to some sort of bullying at one point in time. In school, whether it was because we were smart, fat, considered awkward or something of the sort we were all bullied. And for some it has gone to adult life where certain characters simply feel the need to impose themselves on other people.
A scourge that has however escalated bullying is the Internet. You see, as long as one is on the Internet they feel as if they can’t be touched. They don’t really watch their words because, well they don’t really know the person.
Of course none of us wants to be called a bully but going through my Facebook I have seen some instances of bullying, some of which you don’t think are bullying.
- Sending mean messages or threats to a person’s email account or cell phone
- Spreading rumors online or through texts
- Posting hurtful or threatening messages on social networking sites or web pages
- Stealing a person’s account information to break into their account and send damaging messages
- Pretending to be someone else online to hurt another person
- Taking unflattering pictures of a person and spreading them through cell phones or the Internet
- Sexting, or circulating sexually suggestive pictures or messages about a person