Miss Tourism 2017 campaign trail launched
Miss Tourism Zimbabwe through its revamped brand Miss Tourism pageant, has launched its 2017 edition.
Running under its maiden theme, “Beauty above and beyond,” this year’s edition will continue emphasizing that the pageant is not only about beauty, but to find a true tourism ambassador for Zimbabwe and to promote projects for the Girl Child.
Although beauty and appearance are key factors, Miss Tourism Zimbabwe contestants do not necessarily have to be tall and slim. All races, backgrounds and shapes are welcome.
MTZ efforts to shift and return beauty pageantry to the esteemed position it once held in Zimbabwe and internationally advocates for transparency in professionalism in the management of the pageant by inviting independent bodies.
Spencer Manyemba, MTZ spokesperson.
We are pleased to announce that Miss Tourism 2017 preparations have started and are in motion. Our focus remains on being the most preferred and respected beauty pageant in Zimbabwe. Our current and future plans are centred on our Girl Child programmes and increasing our reach of impacting and touching the lives of children.
We have truly put our vision statement at the heart of all we are doing as Miss Tourism Zimbabwe,”
As you may be aware, the competition for Miss Tourism Zimbabwe was opened from July until September. To date we have received more than 400 applications from all over Zimbabwe.
Our committee will sit and go through each application with a fine eye and confirming requirements are met by each applicant in order to select those who will attend the auditions.”
Manyemba was speaking at the MTZ press conference where they updated the media on this year’s pageant calender.
The press conference was hosted by one MTZ’s main partners the Zimbabwe Agricultural Society (ZAS) in the Andy Millar Hall on Wednesday 11 October 2017.
The event was officiated by the Guest of Honor, The Minister of Tourism, Enviroment and Hospitality Industry Honorable Edgar Mbwembwe. While Deputy Minister of Tourism and Hospitality Industry, Deputy Minister of Tourism, Enviroment and Hospitality Industry Hon. A. Ndhlovu, Minister of State for Harare Metropolitan Hon. Mirriam Chikukwa, and MTZ board members also graced the event.
MTZ says it is looking for
- a girl who is of good character, reputation, charismatic, eloquent and have passion for Zimbabwe.
- Someone who has attained the age of 18 years before they enter the Pageant and shall NOT have attained the age of 26 years by end date of reign.
- Must be naturally-born female and hold Zimbabwean citizenship whilst possessing a Zimbabwean ID or Passport.
- The candidate must be single and/shall not have entered into any ceremony of marriage and must have a minimum qualification of ‘O’ Level and/or a diploma or a degree with no criminal record.
- Someone who has never given birth and must not be pregnant or intending to be pregnant during the reign and most importantly have beauty of face and figure.
- No tattoos or highly visible scars whilst agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the Miss Tourism Zimbabwe and must be available during the reign (1 year).
Auditions are set for 13,14 and 15 October in the Andy Millar Hall, ZAS Exhibition Park. The venue for the final event of the MTZ 2017 Pageant is the HICC at the Rainbow Towers on the 9th December 2017 after a grand fundraising ball at the same venue on the 4th of November 2017. The 15 finalists are to undergo a fine tuning boot camp from the 25th of November 2017 to the 4th of December 2017 all of which will be filmed for a reality show centered on the entire pageant from its inception to the grand finale in December.
Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC), Zimbabwe Agriculture Society (ZAS), Bell Marie, Kuzvida Image, First Legal Choice, Shava Foods, Angels Hair, Air Zimbabwe, SICAS and FastJet are some of the major sponsors this year. Opportunities are still available for corporates and individuals who are interested in partnering with Miss Tourism Zimbabwe.
The headline acts are still yet to be confirmed with discussions still underway with a number of international and local artists set to perform at the finale