State broadcaster ZBC has published details of Nosipho Regina Shilubane urgent application to stop Morgan Tsvangirai’s weding.
They are as follows:
- Shilubane filed the urgent application objecting to the pending wedding ceremony between Tsvangirai and Macheka in terms of Section 19 of the Marriages Act Chapter 5:11, through her lawyer Wellington Pasipanodya.
- Pasipanodya filed the papers before regional magistrate Munamato Mutevedzi
- Shikubane is aggrieved that Tsvangirai intends to marry without her knowledge and without finishing outstanding lobola negotiations with her family.
- Shilubane contends she was introduced to Tsvangirai by her pastor, Mr Lazurus Muriritirwa of the Gospel Assembly Church on the 5th of September 2009 in Johannesburg at Monte Casino shopping complex.
- Tsvangirai told Shilubane he was a widower who was looking for a bride to marry and the pastor had said she was a suitable candidate.
- Shilubane visited Zimbabwe between the 18th and 20 of September in 2009 staying at her pastor’s house in Borrowdale.
- Tsvangirai is said to have relocated Shilubane from Yeoville to an upmarket apartment near Sandton Buccleuh, following which they went for a holiday in the Seychelles between 28 of December and 10 January 2010.
- On the 19th of December, Shilubane alleges Tsvangirai asked her to follow him to Gaborone in Botswana, saying he was distressed. She followed and they stayed together in his hotel.
- On the 27th of December 2010, they went together for another love cruise holiday in Singapore for two weeks up to early 2011, on a yacht called the Legend of The Seas.
- In February, Tsvangirai is said to have proposed to marry Shilubane indicating he wanted the ceremony to be conducted in Zimbabwe and Shilubane accepted, advising him that he should first marry her traditionally according to her Tsonga custom.
- After the marriage dates were agreed upon, Shilubane alleges Tsvangirai would shift them saying government commitments were disturbing him.
- Throughout the relationship, the PM did not use condoms. He asked Shilubane to go ‘on the pill’.
- When confronted about relationships with Loretha Nyathi, Aquiline Pamberi and Locardia Tembo, Tsvangirai denied them
- Tsvangirai had said he would go to see Shilubane’s family for lobola negotiations in December 2012.
The case is being heard in Harare today. The magistrate will decide if there is enough to warrant a cancellation of the marriage license.
Tsvangirai intends to wed Elizabeth Macheka this Saturday.